Following flood damage in the home or at your business premises, our priority is to return the affected property to its pre-incident condition as quickly as possible, minimising secondary damage, efficiently, effectively and with the minimum of disruption for the customer. Water damage restoration or flood damage clean up is a process that can have consequences to the structure and integrity of your property, if the operation is not handled by experts in damage management.
If addressed quickly, water damage can be treated on most surfaces and materials. Depending on the severity of the water damage, some items may be completely unsalvageable; other things may just be permanently damaged. The difference between being able to recover something after destructive water damage could be a matter of a couple hours.
What Not to Do
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water (electrical shock may occur)
- Leave books, magazines or other coloured items on wet carpets or floors as they may stain the carpet
- Use TVs or other household appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors
- Leave wet fabrics on the floor, dry as soon as possible
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water
Things You Can Do
- Turn off circuit breakers supplying electricity to wet areas, unplug and remove any small electrical devices on wet carpet
- Remove oriental rugs or other coloured rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpeting
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place
- Place wood blocks under furniture legs
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts to prevent watermarks or dye marks
- Make plans for our restoration crew to move large furniture to a specified dry area, if necessary
- Gather loose items, toys etc. from floors
Biohazard Cleaning Expert Water Damage and Flood Water Damage Remediation | Australian-Wide Service
Immediate response to flooding saves time and money. The longer any type of water damage goes untreated the greater the damage. Biohazard Cleaning’s Water Damage Remediation procedures are designed to eliminate moisture and stop or prevent the growth of mould and mildew and avoidable structural damage to your home or business premises.
Biohazard Cleaning has emergency plans in place to meet the needs of any situation. Our technicians are trained experts in their specialised fields and provide a service of not only managing and restoring the environment to pre loss condition but providing extensive knowledge and information to all clients about the situation. We understand the seriousness and potentially hazardous natures of sewage and water spills and have a working relationship with many of the major insurance companies.